Buying or moving to a new home is always a cause for celebration. If you have a friend or a family member who has recently moved, there’s no better way to congratulate them than through funny new home cards! It’s much more personal than a text message while offering a more nuanced way to express your thoughts than through a phone call. Sending new home cards is also incredibly touching, and the recipient is sure to appreciate it.
Deciding to write a new home card is the first step, but knowing what to write is another matter. There’s no need to fret—we’ve got everything you need to write the perfect new home card. But first, let’s get to the basics.
Writing a New Home Card
There are a few things you need to know about writing a new home card. Although you’re free to write a simple “congratulations!” on it, it won’t leave much of an impact on the recipient. Instead, give it a personal touch. Address the recipient clearly and tell them that you wrote the card with them and their situation in mind.
Then, write with positivity. Talk about the exciting transition about moving into a new home. They might be feeling pre-move jitters that you don’t know about, so encouraging messages will go a long way.
Next, share what you wish for your recipient! Write what you hope for the recipient when they settle into their new home, like a warm house or a place free of bugs. Now that you’ve communicated your sincerity, you can add a little sarcastic joke if dry humour is your thing.
Keeping It Short and Sweet
You don’t have to write a novel in your new home card—you only have so much space, after all! If you’d rather keep it simple, you can opt for short messages like:
- Congratulations on your new home! Wishing you many happy years and fond memories ahead.
- Cheers to you and your new home!
- Who’s got a new home? You do! Congratulations, and I’m really looking forward to visiting!
- Wishing you all the best in your brand new home!
- Congratulations on your new home. Sending you my best wishes as you settle in and make it yours.
If you want to take it a step further and get a little sentimental, your recipient will probably appreciate it! You can build on your short and sweet messages to convey your excitement for the recipient. Feel free to add a little wisdom or quote for some oomph.
Here are a few examples to get your writing juices flowing:
- A new home represents a brand new beginning. I’m looking forward to seeing all that this exciting new chapter of your life has in store for you!
- People say that home is a feeling, not a place. Congratulations, and I hope you enjoy your new home!
- The best part about a new home is the people you get to share it with. I can’t wait to visit! Congratulations!
- There’s definitely no place like home, and you’ve picked a gorgeous one! Congratulations and cheers to everything that is to come.
If sweet and sentimental is too much for you, it’s time to put some humour in your card. Whether you’re snarky, sarcastic, or just plain silly, here are a few messages that can help you write the perfect card:
- Congratulations on your new home! Fantastic pick. So, when am I moving in?
- Even though I didn’t help you pack and move, I’ll definitely offer you moral support and drink wine with you as you unpack! Congratulations on your brand new home!
- I know where you live. Expect a visit from me soon! Congratulations on your new home!
- Congrats on your new home! Hope you really love it since you’ll be paying for it for the next 30 years.
Whether you’re aiming for offensive new home cards or want to keep it short and sweet, there are numerous ways to make the recipient feel appreciated. As long as you give it your personal touch, they’re sure to treasure that new home card. With these prompts, you’ll be on your way to creating the perfect new home card!
Need some funny home cards for a friend that’s about to move? Check out our catalogue at You Said It! We have the perfect greeting cards for any occasion with our wide range of birthday cards, anniversary cards, Christmas cards, and many more. Get free delivery over £20 in your order today!