When writing anything, depending on the situation, there are different tones that you need to consider. And when it comes to writing wedding cards, you need to follow the same concept.
Wedding cards are significant and sentimental gifts. With that being said, you want to ensure that you write a message that’s heartfelt, simple, and timeless. However, depending on your relationship with the married couple, you can play around with your tone to ensure your sentiments will translate perfectly.
In this article, we’ll dig deeper into different strategies on how to write formal and casual wedding cards. Grab your pen, and let’s get to it!
Formal Wedding Cards: Tips and Examples
Formal wedding cards are quite challenging to write because you need to have a certain tone and use certain phrases. Unlike casual cards, you need to ensure that you leave out any jokes or unnecessary nuggets in the message. Here are some formal wedding card examples you can use:
- Congratulations on your wedding day! Wishing you a lifetime of love, light, and happiness.
- Congratulations on this significant milestone. May your love for each other see you through all your ups and downs.
- Sending you our well-wishes as you embark on this new and magical journey together.
- Life is full of ups and downs, but it’s better to share these moments with someone by your side. We’re incredibly happy that you get to share all these moments together— congratulations!
- Congratulations on finding the perfect person to share all your moments and seasons with.
- Thank you for inviting us to celebrate with you and your family on this momentous day. We will keep this special day close to our hearts.
- Thank you for inviting us to witness this special union. We’re extremely happy to celebrate with you and your family.
Funny and Casual Wedding Cards: Tips and Examples
Unlike formal wedding cards, you can be 100 percent your authentic self when you write informal and quirky wedding card messages. However, if you’re squeezing in some jokes and humour, don’t forget to balance it out with genuine sentiments. Here are some examples to spark inspiration for your wedding message:
- Congratulations on your wedding day! No matter how hard it gets, the first 50 years of marriage will always be the hardest.
- Thanks for the free booze and food! Everything was great and delicious. Oh, and thanks for the invite — Congratulations on your marriage!
- Now you can Netflix and chill together for a lifetime. Congratulations on your marriage!
- We can’t wait to see you both transform into a cute, old married couple. Congratulations! You two are perfect together.
- You two are a match made in heaven. Congratulations on your wedding day! We can’t wait to see you both grow together and fall in love with each other every single day.
- I am grateful to have met two amazing people and that both of you are sharing a lifetime of bliss and love together. Thank you for inviting us to the party of the year — Congratulations on tying the knot!
The Bottom Line: The Key to Writing the Perfect Wedding Message is to Ensure That It’s Coming from the Heart
Wedding cards are special gifts, and if there’s anything a newlywed loves, it’s reading the heartfelt letters given by their family and friends. With that being said, make sure you give them a memorable and sentimental card filled with joy, love, and well-wishes.
Why Choose You Said It Cards?
If you want to send out unique and funny greeting cards to your friends and family, check out You Said It.
We offer a variety of funny wedding cards, birthday cards, anniversary cards, and more. Send someone a funny, heartfelt note today — check out our cards!