Nearly everyone has written a thank you note or given thank you cards at some point in our lives. It could be gratitude for a gift, or thankfulness over a favour. Those two things are generally seen as special occasions, and growing up, we were taught to always say thank you for such events.
Why do thank you cards matter?
A little gratitude can go a long way for somebody. Aside from the previously mentioned key occasions, it’s also great to keep an eye out for the little things. There are a lot of constant acts of service that occur for us and in our surroundings on a daily basis. Take a pause and think about it.
Mail carriers are absolutely dependable, teachers are incredibly dedicated and—now more than ever—doctors and nurses have shown amazing compassion. They are all worthy of being thanked for what it is they do every single day. It’s not necessary to wait for a holiday like Christmas or Thanksgiving.
Unsure where to begin since there’s no holiday to anchor the message on? Don’t worry about it. There are several routes you can take in order to convey your gratitude.
General Thank Yous
Simplicity is always appreciated, as long as it’s sincere. No matter who you’re looking to thank, no matter what industry they’re in, you can’t go wrong by using one of these short but sweet messages:
- “For all you do—and for the kind, thoughtful way you do it—thank you.”
- “Just wanted to express our deep gratitude for the dedicated work you do day after day.”
- “Sending a little heartfelt appreciation your way today!”
- “Thank you for your friendly, dependable service through every season, and especially right now.”
- “We could never take for granted the hard work you do. We see it, and we appreciate you.”
- “You are appreciated for all you do. Thank you so much.”
These types of thank you messages are best for people you may not know very well or at all. It’s also great for sending when there’s a treat, gift card or gift that comes with it which speaks volumes in itself.
Of course, a compliment is great to hear every so often. Sharing a sincere compliment will be a great way to enforce your gratitude. Try the following:
- “It’s a good feeling knowing there are caring, capable people like you working hard for everyone around you. Thank you for all you do!”
- “It’s easy to see how much you care about the people you serve. I’m grateful to be one of them.”
- “When I follow Mr. Rogers’ advice and look for the helpers in this world, I see you and the critical work you’re doing. Thank you.”
- “You go above and beyond daily. But here lately, you’ve been going above-er and beyond-er. Thank you!”
- “You’re someone who makes a difference every day, but especially now. So grateful.”
Expressing gratitude is always a great thing to do. It brightens the day of the person you’re thanking, and you’ll also feel good spreading niceties to others. You can keep it short and simple, send something a little more detailed or even go the humorous route!
Looking to spread some laughs with an offensive thank you card? Check out You Said It today! We have a wide range of really offensive birthday cards, funny anniversary cards, valentine’s cards, rude Christmas cards and lots more.